I am here once again to share a public service announcement. This time Valentine’s Day do NOTS!
1. Forget. OhhhhMgeeee. Especially if its a new relationship. Even a dinner out or a single rose is better than forgetting. Forgetting. BAD! Of course, jewelry is ALWAYS an option. A-L-W-A-Y-S!!
2. Household appliances. A vacuum cleaner or cast iron skillets are NOT a romantic gift. Now hiring a house cleaner? Oh that will make my heart go piter patter. Especially if she does windows!
3. Automobile accessories. Nope. I don’t need a charger for Valentine’s Day. Take my car and have it detailed? Absolutely! Sneak in my car and have a romantic song cued up for when I start my car! YES! AND extra brownie points for you!
4. Socks. I don’t care if my feet ARE always cold. Socks are NOT ROMANTIC! Unless of course you’ve nestled a bottle of my favorite perfume inside. Seriously, am bottle of my favorite cologne Phluid will get you out of the dog house. ASAP!
5. Dedicate a song to me on the radio. ARE WE 12!?!?! NO! NO! NO! Take me dancing? Hello! Now you have my number. Can we go have steak and lobster first? Or is that pushing my luck?
Did any of these happen to me? YES! EACH and EVERY ONE of them!
Luckily (for both of us. Mostly him) The Husband has evolved into an amazing gift giver.
So now that you have a list of not to do’s I would love to know what would be THE perfect Valentine gift for you? Whether you are spoiling yourself, your significant other or even your BFF, what is your favorite gift to get.
You know me, always nosey, what’s the worst Valentine’s gift you have ever received?
Don’t forget Valentines Day is this Sunday.
Now I am off to paste hints on mirrors and computer screens.